Manchester United’s 20/21 season gets underway against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. A fixture where United lost 2-1 last season and dropped three valuable points in their hunt for a Champions League spot. The reds will be looking to correct past mistakes and start the season on a winning note.
With only one signing till now in the transfer window, United have pretty much the same team that faced Crystal Palace last season. Whereas Crystal Palace are on the back foot with several injury concern in their backline.
1. What are your thoughts going into the Game?
My thoughts going into the game is that I wouldn’t write us off. Against Southampton, I thought we played really well and if we do the same we could have a chance of at least a draw or maybe a cheeky win. But that is if we play well like the Southampton game.
2. Crystal Palace are without 4 of their defenders Gary Cahill, Patrick van Aanholt, James Tomkins and Nathan Ferguson. Do you think that’s a concern?
Obviously it will be a problem. Without them defenders it does make us weaker but we have young Tyreick Mitchell who is very good. And Kouyate and Dann where solid and we haven’t seen Nathan Ferguson yet so Joel Ward was out starting right back last season.
3. Mamadou Sakho just returned, Do you think he will be a huge addition?
Mamadou is a good defender but is inconsistent but I don’t think he’s fully fit yet so expect him to be on the bench.
4. You had a very Unlucky loss against Bournemouth on Penalties. How would you want Crystal Palace to approach the game considering the limitations of your squad?
The Bournemouth game was unlucky but it’s the cup and we are not worried about it too much. Its just to give some of our youngsters a run out and Batshuayi and Eze played but they have had a break as both of them played limited game time on Sunday.
5. Manchester United play their very first game, do you think they can come up with something?
Yeah, I think Manchester United at the backend of last season were fantastic and I think they can do well this season but wouldn’t right us off.
6. Wilfried Zaha is in spectacular form, any expectations from him after that stunner against Southampton?
Yes, Wilfried is in good form but it’s only been one game and you can’t bank on that but I think that he could be a danger.
7. What do you think the Crystal Palace Squad will achieve this year?
I think we can try to push on with the backing of Roy but I think we need a few more signings. But yeah, hopefully we can try to push on this season.
8. Score predictions for the game and Predicted goalscorers?
I will be positive and go with 1-1. Ayew and Fernandes with the goal.
Also Read : Van De Beek shares his emotions after signing
We Thank @crystalpalace_news_cpfc for having time to respond to our questions in a very positive manner. We are all looking forward to a thrilling match. Also, What do you guys think would the scoreline read after 90mins? Predict the score and let us know.
Until then join our Facebook Group and become one of the founding members of the one of the best Manchester United Fan Communities
Youth Watchout – A look into the promising young players in our academy.
MUWomen – A look into Manchester United’s Women team players.
Also, follow us on our social media platforms and become a part of The Utd Arena community.
All three platforms cover different content so that you don’t see the same thing everywhere!