Manchester United will face Burnley at Turf Moor in a match that could potentially make United go three points clear on the top of the table. A match that was scheduled to be played as Matchday 1 was postponed due to United’s schedule congestion during the end of last season. A big week lies in front of the reds with games against Burnley and 2nd placed Liverpool.
United are currently on a great run in the league with 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7 games. They will look to take that momentum into this game and finish the game on a high with a huge match against Liverpool coming up.
Burnley on the other hand have struggled to really get going this season. But they are a team that can unsettle any team on their day. Manager Sean Dyche had earlier announced a Covid outbreak in the squad that could result in several players being unavailable.
1. Burnley are currently 16th in the league, 5 points off the relegation zone. What would be the ideal league position Burnley will be aiming for, looking at the season so far?
As a team we generally perform better in the second half of the season. I don’t think we need to be worrying about relegation. We have an experienced squad that have been in this position many times before. I think we could finish in around 14th.
2. Burnley were able to get all three points against a struggling Sheffield United side last time around in the league. Do you think they can take that momentum going into tomorrow’s game?
I can only hope. That game was 2 weeks ago. We had our game against Fulham postponed when a win there could have really got our momentum going.
3. How do you think Burnley can stop United’s emphatic form, who will come into this game with 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7 matches?
Burnley is a team that fights for everything. Yes you might have the better stats on paper. But I’m sure we won’t be beaten without a fight. We can’t help that your on form, we can just make it as difficult as possible for you and be clinical with our very few chances.
4. Chris Wood has been amongst goals this season for Burnley. How much of an impact do you think he can make in this game?
We are really struggling for goals at the minute. Yeah Chris wood is our top goal scorer this season, but with only 3 goals. And that’s embarrassing.
5. Burnley managed a 2-0 win at Old Trafford last time these two teams met in the Premier League. Do you think Burnley will be having that result on their minds going into this game?
We will definitely have it in our heads. After that game last season a few of our players said “we are not intimidated by this team anymore”. I wouldn’t say our players will have confidence in a result but they definitely know it could happen.
6. Which Manchester United player’s influence in the game will you be worried about?
I think it has to be Bruno Fernandes.
7. What do you think the tempo of the game will be? Do you see yourself controlling the game or will you be looking to hit United on the break?
Definitely on the break. I expect you to have the majority of possession.
8. United have scored the 2nd highest number of goals this season, but have conceded the most number of goals amongst the top 10 teams this season. What would be Burnley’s game plan if they are to get a positive result tomorrow?
Just take our chances. Like I said we don’t get many but we must be clinical with the ones we do.
9. What is your predicted line-up for tomorrow’s game?
Well I could be way off hear because a few of our key players have been injured and my not be available for the game.
Pope, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Lowton, McNeil, Brownhill, Westwood, Brady, Wood, Barnes
10. Finally, what is your score prediction and why?
I’m going to be optimistic and say 1-1. But honestly think we will be lucky with any result.
We Thank @talkbfc for having the time to respond to our questions in a very positive manner. We are all looking forward to a thrilling match. Also, what do you guys think would the scoreline read after 90mins? Predict the score and let us know.
Until then join our Facebook Group and become one of the founding members of the one of the best Manchester United Fan Communities
Youth Watchout – A look into the promising young players in our academy.
MUWomen – A look into Manchester United’s Women team players.
Tactical Masterclass – Tactical analysis of every United player.
The Bests – Describing the best matches, players and many more things.
Also, follow us on our social media platforms and become a part of The Utd Arena community.
All three platforms cover different content so that you don’t see the same thing everywhere!